Saturday, November 20, 2010

Husky Blackout Thursday










Thanks to my cousin Kevin I went to my first game at Husky Stadium on Thursday. Dawgs were hosting UCLA Bruins for a 5pm kickoff game. This was the last home game of the year and the last game at Husky Stadium for the seniors on the team. To honor the seniors the coaches and team decided to wear, for the first time in Husky history, all black uniforms. I am a traditionalist and prefer the Dawgs wear the school colors of purple and gold but I must admit that the black uniforms were very cool. That said, I still prefer purple and gold and by that I mean the real purple and gold, not the lavender that the school adopted under the Neuheisel regime.

The Dawgs won 24-7 and I got to see Jake Locker score on a 3yd run off left tackle. The stadium itself is incredibly loud when 67,000 fans are "woofing", stomping and chanting. Again, very cool. The fans on this night had been asked to wear black to commemorate Blackout Thursday and they did. Odd to see all that black versus the sea of purple normally seen here.

I had a blast and look forward to seeing more games live.

No comments: